Monday, April 5, 2010

My very first post on my very first blog! I am trying to experience as many firsts as I can so here goes nothing. Today is our first day of Spring break. Carter, Lily, and I have been trying our new Mario Cart game out this morning (thanks, Easter Bunny). I also made it through the gauntlet of ordering an organic food basket through Bountiful Baskets.com this afternoon. Hail the conquering Hero! Now if she can just get up at 7:00 am on Saturday to pick it up, all will be right with the world. We have seen a lot of things on eating healthier lately, for example: an interview with the author of "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and some episodes of "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution". It has inspired us to try to eat more healthily. Pretty soon we will be not just the green hamster family but a lean, mean, green one as well. For those of you just tuning in, the Green Hamsters is what we decided that our family team would be called if we had one. Go Green Hamsters!!!
So, anyway, I am sitting here and contemplating the fact that half of the Frost family is currently "out there having fun in that warm California sun" and I am about to go out of my mind. They are be-bopping their way through the rides at Disneyland and making me even more green (See above)than usual. We went with our family to California over the Christmas holiday and we have been wishing we were there ever since. In honor of these warm and fuzzy memories of together time I have posted several of our trip photos up so that we can at least be in Cali via the Internet. I would like to give my condolences to the Hursts who also must be feeling Disney deprived at this time. May we meet again where the tikis do their chants and the pirates are ever searching for that elusive Jack Sparrow. Cheers!
In closing, I would like to dedicate this first blog to my blog mentor, Victoria. Without you, none of this would be possible. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I get to be the "first" to comment on your newly established blog as well! So excited! Thanks for the dedication :) Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm excited to have just one more way to keep in touch with you and yours.

    P.S. Won't those Disneylanders in the fam be surprised when they come from sunny skies and happy Disney-ness to cold, wet, deep snow!

    ReplyDelete