Thursday, April 15, 2010

Netflix and Food

We just got our Netflix disc in the mail that allows us to watch movies instantly on our Wii. It is AWESOME- Not just in my best 1980's lingo. I mean awesome as in I am awestruck by the technology. I just couldn't believe it. I had hundreds of movies at my fingertips to watch at a moments notice. I thought to myself that this is going to be one of those "back in my day" moments. " Back in my day we actually had to GO to a store to rent a video and sometimes THE MOVIE YOU WANTED WASN'T EVEN AVAILABLE! Times were tough in those days.



The first movie we rented was Food, Inc. This movie scared the pants off of me. Not just because of the terrible things that are done to and put into the food that we eat, but also because of the spectacular amounts of power that these large corporations have. They have pretty much absolute power to crush any competition and to hush any critics. It was terrifying to learn some of this stuff. We need to change the food system we have set up for ourselves - for our health, security, environment, and freedom. I recommend this movie to anyone, but "Hold on to your butts."(thanks Jurassic Park.)

1 comment:

  1. I want to see Food Inc. Abby just finished an amazing book on the same subject, now I just need to find time to read the whole thing. :)

    Great blog! I enjoy reading it on the bus while I go to work.

    --
    Christian

    ReplyDelete