Saturday, April 17, 2010

Whole foods trip



So, today I took the kids and went to pick up our second ever basket from the Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op. It went a lot quicker this time. There wasn't any waiting and we came home with another beautiful basket of fruits and veggies. I worked all morning on getting the veggies ready to be eaten and all of my food storage that I bought at a case sale put and away.

Then after Dwight got home we went and picked up my mom and went down to The Whole Foods store in Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun. None of us had ever been there before. It was fun to see all of the things that they had. I was a little lost as to what I really needed to buy there, but I settled on some exotic grains and a few other things and am feeling quite excited about the possibility of cooking with them. We got quinoa, millet, amarynth, spelt flour, red lentils, pumpkin seeds, ginger, shitake mushrooms, and pearled couscous. I wouldn't even know that half of these existed if it wasn't for my wonderful sister-in-law. She has always got something new for me to try, Thanks Tor. You should check out her cooking blog - http://www.iwanttobedomestic.blogspot.com/. It rocks!

I also got a chance to go with a friend of mine, Kelly, to the ballet last night. It was so fun. I can count the times I've been to the ballet on one hand, but every time I've gone I have really liked it. They performed Balanchine's America. It was beautiful. They danced purely effortlessly. I can't imagine ever being that strong. They did a great job and it was fun to have an outing away from the house. I have a great husband for those of you who don't already know. He encouraged me to go out while he stayed home with the kids. They all had a big race off on Mario Cart. What a peach! I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment