Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Robin Hood

It has been a long, but productive week. We rented a Chevy Silverado truck over the weekend to help us get our yard, screen porch, and garage under control. After 5 trips to the local dump and one trip to Deseret Industries, we DID IT. There were tired backs and hands full of slivers, but we did it. It feels so much lighter. A great weight has been removed from me. I feel like I'm walking around on a cloud. I hope we can keep it up.
I also went and got our first fruits and veggie basket from The Bountiful Baskets food Co-op. It was fun and I am really excited about the food. I was so surprised at the amount of people who were up early on a Saturday morning for fruits and veggies. It was exciting to see. Power the veggie people! It will be interesting to try to find yummy ways to cook and eat them all. We have been trying to get the kids to eat more vegetables and to think about them positively. I decided to try giving them a quarter to put in a jar each time they ate a serving of vegetables and didn't complain. It seems to be working pretty well so far. I don't if that seems silly or not, but I figure anything to get them starting healthy habits. I didn't want to be the parent who is always nagging and yelling at the kids to "eat your vegetables!" I want them to think of healthy food as exciting and good for them. I want them to be different from me in that way. I want them to be healthy and happy.
Last week we also put together our new "Food rotation system" shelf from Shelf Reliance. Let me tell you. It is a sight to behold. Sheer beauty! It is a good deal more empty than I would like, but you have to start somewhere, right? It can hold a TON! I just love it. I am excited to get more prepared with our food storage. We have a good start, but there is now room to grow. Yeah!
One last piece of news from the Green Hamsters, Lily got to go to her first birthday party today. She was SOO EXCITED. She was even telling everyone in Walmart last night about it. "I get to go to Ezra's birthday party!" "He invited me!" "I am so excited that I could just scream!" They went to the Gateway Children's museum and then had a picnic lunch. It was a Robin Hood themed birthday so she came home with this cute Robin Hood hat that our neighbor had made. (Way to go Kinsie!) She looked adorable and she had a great time. Fun, fun, FUN. Good times. Noodle salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment