Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Who Is Jack Robinson anyway?

This morning I felt like a "true adventurer" as I journeyed downstairs to the forgotten ruin that is our basement (complete with spiderwebs to walk through). I was on a mission. Lego Indiana Jones provided the perfect theme music for me. Why did I come to such a forgotten part of the world, you might ask. Some might say that it was because of the laundry piles that needed washing, but to this I say, " Nonsense!" I came here to call some attention to the new songs I just picked up yesterday on Itunes. Now Itunes is a place that holds great danger for a person such as myself. I could spend hundreds of dollars there quicker than you could say "Jack Robinson". And yet... I went. I went searching for some priceless pieces of musical splendor. I waded through page after page looking for them. I searched high and low. Consulted outside sources. Finally, I found them south of the border and quickly fled from a place that tempted me toward complete and utter ruin.

Though I had to place myself in peril, I do not regret my decision. They are MAGNIFICENT! I sat in my bed this morning listening to them with my eyes closed, imagining that my fingers could move as quickly as their nimble creators. I knew they were too good to keep all to myself. I knew I had to share them with the world. So I came to the basement to place these masterpieces in the most public forum that was available to me - my new blog. (My only other option was driving in my minivan with all the windows rolled down and music blaring. I think I made the right choice.) So, it is with great pleasure that I present the following for you listening pleasure. I DARE YOU TO STAND STILL WHILE YOU LISTEN TO THEM. I DARE YOU! May they bring as much happiness to you as they have to me. Until next time explorers...enjoy!



Rodrigo y Gabriela
"Hanuman"
"Buster Voodoo"
"Hora Zero"
"11:11"



Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66
"Bim Bom"



Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
"One Note Samba/Spanish Flea"




Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
"Mais Que Nada"

No comments:

Post a Comment